Veteran Funeral Services in Chicago
People who put their lives and wellbeing on the line in the service of others deserve the utmost respect. Whether they lose their lives during service or long after their tenure is complete, they deserve the best possible funeral services. At Geils Funeral Home, we offer dignified veteran funeral services in Chicago so your brave loved one can be laid to rest in the most respectful manner possible.
What’s Included in a Military or Veteran Funeral Service in Chicago?
We strive to offer the best support and the most comprehensive service to the loved ones that veterans leave behind. Our funeral home has years of experience in military funerals and understands the process well. Here’s what’s included in the service:
- Complete all formalities related to military funerals, including applications for veteran benefits, military honors, memorial markers, and other such obligations.
- Handle all required documentation from requesting honors to death certificates.
- Work with national or state veteran’s cemeteries to organize the grave site and related ceremonies.
- Professional service from the funeral director.
- Veteran Cremation and burial services.
- Transfer of the deceased veteran.
- Veteran Funeral or memorial services.
These are just some of the many services we offer. Our goal is to make sure veterans get all the honors they deserve.
Who is Eligible for the Military Funeral Service?
Military members who were on active or reserve duty, members who didn’t die of dishonorable causes, and people who completed at least one term are eligible. People who were discharged due to injuries sustained during service are also eligible for veteran funeral services in Chicago.
Military & Veteran Funeral Benefits
At Geils Funeral Home our goal is to provide the best possible military & veteran funeral services but to also provide our guests all the military benefits that they are entitled to. When you meet with our expert military planning funeral directors they will provide you with the veteran benefits that your loved one is entitled to.
You can trust us to handle the entire funeral process from initial funeral planning to final resting place with care and compassion. On behalf of the staff at Geils Funeral Home we would like to say thank you for your loved ones service. If you want to know more about veteran services in Chicago, just give us at Geils Funeral Home a call. You can contact 630 766 3232.
Common Veteran Funeral Questions
- Who can be buried in a veteran’s cemetery
- Do all veterans get a military funeral
- Are military funerals free
- VA burial benefits facts