Planning A Funeral in Chicago
Everything you need to know about Preplanning a Funeral
Planning a funeral can be an intimidating and harrowing task because it needs to be a done at a time of immense grief. The arrangements made are final and after the ceremony is complete, there’s nothing you can do to change how it was handled. This places a lot of strain on the person in charge of organizing it which is compounded by the heartache they are experiencing from losing a loved one. At Geils Funeral Home, we do our best to make the process easier for clients by offering straightforward funeral services, advice, and expert planning.
Steps Involved in Planning a Funeral
It’s easier to organize everything well if you understand the steps involved in planning a funeral in Chicago. These tips will help you through the process:
- First Call – This involves calling all parties concerned and informing them of the demise. You also need to call the funeral home to remove the deceased from the place of death.
- Transportation – The funeral home will handle the transportation. Funeral arrangements can be made to transport the body to another location aside from a funeral home if needed.
- Pre-Arrangements – If the deceased individual has left behind funeral plans, it is important to follow them. The plan will mention a specific funeral service provider.
- Funeral Arrangements – If the pre-arrangements aren’t made, you can meet with the funeral director and plan the event according to the family’s wishes. This planning includes everything from care of the deceased individual to the disposal of their remains.
- Cemetery – The funeral home will handle the cemetery arrangements on your behalf. They will purchase an internment property at a convenient location. Other arrangements can be made if you choose cremation.
Some individuals make arrangements when their death is imminent. This can ease the burden on the family. Many funeral homes provide comprehensive pre-planning services to help.
Planning a Funeral Mass
Often our clients ask what the best way is to plan for a funeral mass. We understand that they are stricken with grief and want the best for their loved one but don’t know the right questions to ask when planning the mass. At Geils Funeral Home our expert Funeral Directors will coach you through selecting the best funeral mass options based your religious beliefs and your preferences. When planning a funeral mass let us take the pain out of it and guide you through the best options.
Planning a Funeral Reception
The reception at a funeral is often the most important time for the family of a loved one to hear heart warming memories and stories about the deceased. When planning a funeral reception we will help you plan for the right amount of food, drink, desert, and all the little aspects that go into the funeral reception.
If you want to know more about planning a funeral in Chicago, just give us at Geils Funeral Home a call. You can contact 630 766 3232 or use this form to get in touch.